I’m a little late for this but batteries aren’t included and better late than never. Since I’ve been tagged twice, once by skdadl at pogge and again by Beijing York at Resettle This!, I supose I better hop to it. I am largely unemployable except in a particular field that is filled with directionless hopefuls who just like to read. And I don’t even really like to do that. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
Anyway, here is work that I have been paid for in my life, as far as I can remember.
- Installing motherboards in new computers for Medway High School
- Casual worker hired out by the Youth Employment Agency
- Dishwasher at a Chinese-Jewish restaurant (with two very offensive caricatures on the front of their menu)
- Grill cook and sandwich maker at same
- Campaign Volunteer for an anti-gay, anti-feminist, anti-poor Ontario Progressive Conservative candidate. I’m still working this off.
- Gas station attendant at Canadian Tire
- Cook at Mongolian Grill
- Cook (again) at the wonderful Kelsey’s restaurant
- Tree thinner and Brushcutter in Alberta, BC and Quebec. Best job I ever had by leaps and bounds.
- Catering cook
- Usher at Centaur Theatre
- Primo Barista!
- Volunteer producer for community radio station
- Admin assistant at University Secretariat
- Grad Student. Not really a job, or paid.
- Reader for James Tait Black Award for Fiction
- Now I work in a pub serving cask ales and whisky to lonely criminal lawyers and actuaries in Edinburgh’s New Town. Hurry up please its time.
As for tagging five other bloggers, you’ll have to wait for an update. I’m new to this (see lateness, above) and the only bloggers I ‘know’ have already tagged me. Maybe I can come up with something, but this will have to do for now!
4 Comments so far
Leave a comment